Information

Data-Driven Journalism

Ten, even five years ago, the use of data as a basis for reporting was difficult and costly. Now, with a whole stack of tools to dig into ‘big data‘, join this group and contribute your thoughts on the emerging field of data driven journalism.

Members: 178
Latest Activity: Nov 19, 2013

Group Aims

To facilitate discussions on Data Driven Journalism - tag your things with #ddj

#ddj

Discussion Forum

Data Journalism in Russia: Visually Sound, Lagging on Tools

Started by Valery Levchenko Oct 30, 2013. 0 Replies

Discussion on the state of data journalism in Russia took place yesterday at RIA Novosti's press center. Some 200 journalists, analysts and students watched the 'Journalism in the Age of Data'…Continue

Tags: #ddj

Data Journalism, Big Data - What About PR?

Started by Valery Levchenko Jul 3, 2013. 0 Replies

I have recently shared some ideas on how the trendy Big Data and Data Journalism topics could help improve Public Relations. Please, see my blog…Continue

Tags: PR

RIA Novosti Releases a Russian Translation of The Data Journalism Handbook

Started by Hanna McLean. Last reply by Faruque Iqbal Apr 5, 2013. 1 Reply

Great news everyone! The first ever translation of the Data Journalism Handbook has been released. If you would like more information, please visit the…Continue

Tags: ddj, Russian, Russia, handbook', journalism

"Flag it! - Using digital tools to map environmental issues"

Started by Diana Lungu Feb 27, 2013. 0 Replies

The European Youth Press is currently looking for 24 young environmental journalists to take part in the following Training sessions of the project:Sao Paulo (Brazil): from the 20th to the 26th of May 2013 (12 participants involved);in Lagos…Continue

Tags: training, reporting, youth, data, ddj

The European Journalism Centre announces journalism grants for innovation in development reporting

Started by Hanna McLean Jan 25, 2013. 0 Replies

Hold on to your hats everyone, I've got some good news: The European Journalism Centre is proud to announce that it has received financial support from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation to advance journalistic coverage of issues related to…Continue

A Day in the Life of a Data Journalist

Started by Hanna McLean Oct 16, 2012. 0 Replies

Follow along as Pulitzer Prize winner Sarah Cohen discusses her career, working with data and difficulties along the way. See here. …Continue

Tags: media, 'Sarah, Cohen', journalism, ddj

Open Interests Europe Hackathon - London, 24-25 November

Started by Hanna McLean Oct 15, 2012. 0 Replies

How EU money is spent is an issue that concerns everyone who pays taxes to the EU. As the influence of Brussels lobbyists grows, it is increasingly important to draw the connections…Continue

Tags: event, London, EU, money, Europe

Tips for Working with Numbers in the News

Started by Hanna McLean Aug 27, 2012. 0 Replies

Hey guys,In case you missed it, be sure to check out this great article about tips for working with numbers in the news. Freelance…Continue

Tags: numbers, Data Journalism Handbook, journalists, to', 'how

Knight News Challenge Round 2 Registration Open

Started by Hanna McLean Jun 12, 2012. 0 Replies

The Knight News Challenge accelerates media innovation by funding breakthrough ideas in news and information. Winners receive a share of $5 million in funding and support from Knight’s network of influential peers and advisors to help advance their…Continue

Tags: award, competition, data driven journalism, contest, Knight News Challenge

The Data Journalism Awards featured winner is: Riot Rumours

Started by Hanna McLean Jun 11, 2012. 0 Replies

Hey everyone!I hope you are all doing well :) If you get the chance, I recommend you go and check out the Riot Rumours article that I came across today. It's really worth the read. Here's a small excerpt of the article to give you an idea of what…Continue

Tags: Twitter, rumours, social media, digital, media

Data journalism on Delicious

Loading… Loading feed

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of Data-Driven Journalism to add comments!

Comment by Liliana Bounegru on August 9, 2010 at 14:38
Latest confirmed to join the speakers' group for the data-driven journalism roundtable: Alan McLean, designer and interaction developer with the Interactive News Technology team at NYTimes.com, involved in the latest largely discussed New York Times project: the Afghanistan War Logs.
Comment by Liliana Bounegru on August 9, 2010 at 14:27
The data-driven journalism roundtable announced on the Open Knowledge Foundation Blog!
Comment by Emma Brewin on July 26, 2010 at 16:08
Follow the #ddj data driven journalism Twitter hashtag for all the latest tweets

Members (177)

Latest Activity

AFFAR GBODE OKHAIMOR left a comment for Marjola Rukaj
"hi, I am Okhaimor, the publisher of kulturelle Kontakte magazine I am intested in your profile and would be glad if we could work together"
23 hours ago
Dr. John Zammit joined Hanna McLean's group
Thumbnail

International Council for Press Freedom

International Council for Press Freedom (ICPF) is an international organisation which is committed for the freedom of press and protection of journalists.See More
Thursday
Dr. John Zammit liked Hanna McLean's group International Council for Press Freedom
Thursday
Dr. John Zammit shared Hanna McLean's group on Facebook
Thursday
Dr. John Zammit updated their profile
Thursday
Andrej Matisak posted a status
"Matisak's blog - Ukrainian Armed Forces vs Russian Armed forces http://wp.me/pL6gx-1vc"
Thursday
Andrej Matisak posted a status
"Matisak's blog - On destabilization of Ukraine http://wp.me/pL6gx-1v9"
Wednesday
Jamal Dawoodpoto liked Alona Kachkan's event World Newspaper Congress and World Editors Forum
Tuesday

© 2014   Created by Arne Grauls.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service