Everyday Health, founded by Ben Wolin and Mike Keriakos in 2002, is a leading provider of online health solutions. We provide our consumers, healthcare professionals, and brands with content and advertising-based services across a broad portfolio of over 25 websites that span the health spectrum"from lifestyle offerings in pregnancy, diet and fitness to in-depth medical content for condition prevention and management.
The Everyday Health portfolio includes well-recognized and trusted health brands, including www.EverydayHealth.com
; PDRHealth.com; www.WhatToExpect.com
, from the world-renowned pregnancy and parenting brand, What to Expect; and www.JillianMichaels.com
, from Jillian Michaels, star of the hit NBC television show, The Biggest Loser. The portfolio now includes www.medpagetoday.com
, a news organization serving healthcare professionals.
Everyday Health is committed to providing the expert guidance and daily tools consumers need to make the best health choices, actively manage their conditions and live healthier lives every day.
The Associate Editor will be responsible for supporting the editorial team in maintaining and updating a leading diet and fitness subscription Web site. He or she will regularly write and contribute to the new projects on the sites, from concept through completion, and execute ongoing content updates and other site-related projects. The prospective candidate should be able to identify problems as well as offer potential solutions. Must have strong writing and editorial skills, significant experience with online media, and an experience and interest in the subjects of health, fitness, diet, organic living, and wellness.
Daily site tasks, including but not limited to:
* Regularly embodying the varied voice and tone of the site
* Creating and organizing new content, making appropriate updates to existing content
* Uploading content to the designated production folders and content management system (CMS), as necessary
* Assisting in management of freelance contributors, including assigning and editing content and overseeing production tasks
* Contributing to the writing and/or editing of the daily e-newsletters, fitness challenges, and Q&As
* Monitoring message boards for new questions, hot topics, and site-related suggestions
* Acquisition of Success Stories, including seeking out members, collecting release forms and data/images, and organizing production of the content on the site
* Writing new home page promos, organic food content, and other promos
* Helping to develop and maintain fitness plans
* Working with nutritionists to monitor recipes and meal plans, and making changes/revisions as necessary
* Helping the Community team to build and maintain a strong Community area
* Working with the Customer Service team to provide solutions and proper responses to subscribers who contact them with product questions or issues
* Supporting the Senior Editor and Executive Editor in cross-functional projects with Marketing, Ad Sales, and Tech teams, as well as company-wide initiatives
Job Requirements :
* 2+ years writing/editing experience, with at least some experience online
* College degree, preferably with English or journalism concentration
* Basic understanding of HTML and online media
* Strong research, organizational, writing, and communication skills
* Detail-oriented with the ability to meet deadlines effectively and multitask
* Interest in and/or experience with health, diet, or womens lifestyle content
* Expertise in fitness and nutrition a plus