Social@Ogilvy is the largest social media marketing communications network in the world. Named 2011 Global Digital/Social Consultancy of the Year by The Holmes Report, the practice leverages social media expertise across all Ogilvy & Mather disciplines.
The Social@Ogilvy team is looking for a Content Manager to lead in the concepting scoping and developing of social media-centric creative. The successful candidate must have a proven track record in managing a wide range of tasks with respect to creative and editorial deliverables. This person will work closely with key members of the agency leadership team to develop incremental creative ideas on two major CPG accounts, as well as the opportunity to work on projects within the global Social@Ogilvy group. There will be the potential to be mentored by key members of the agency leadership team to assist in growing your future responsibilities with respect to our content development capabilities. If you are passionate about developing game-changing creative ideas that leverage the conversational powers of social media in a fast paced, fully integrated, entrepreneurial environment, then this may be a great step in your career.
- Client consulting role for Social@Ogilvy Chicago " consulting on content strategy for clients working on content development (e.g. conversation calendars, blog posts) as opportunities arise on the team
- Concept, scope and execute iterative content for sharing and distribution on mainline social web platforms
- Regular client-facing creative presentations to gain sign-off on developed work
- Develop conversational and editorial approach for social platforms that maps to brand objectives
- Develop a tone and voice that attracts readers to maximize share of voice potential
- Research, purchase, color-correct and format/size photos and illustrations to accompany featured posts
- 3-5 years digital communications/marketing/entrepreneurial experience with 1-3 years of experience maintaining complex, content-rich websites
- Entrepreneurial mindset, always looking for new opportunities for the group
- Familiarity with content management systems, in particular with WordPress
- Solid writing skills; you think and communicate clearly in all mediums
- Deep knowledge of social media and digital culture leveraging your own personal experiences
- Must be extremely organized, detail oriented, collaborative, but able to work independently in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
- Familiarity with disciplines including: branding, marketing, content development, design
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite
- BA/BS required (Communications, Journalism, Marketing
- Graphic Design or related field strongly preferred EEO/AA/M/F/D/V
Ogilvy Public Relations Worldwide (Ogilvy PR) is a leading global marketing communications firm, with offices in more than 60 cities around the world. In its 26th year, Ogilvy PR provides strategic public relations counsel to a variety of clients across its consumer marketing, corporate, healthcare, technology, public affairs, social marketing and entertainment practices. Ogilvy Public Relations Worldwide is part of the WPP Group, one of the world's largest communications services organizations (NASDAQ: WPPGY, www.wpp.com). For more information, visit our Web site at www.ogilvypr.com.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Ogilvy does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, domestic violence victim status, age, citizenship, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or because of any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
To apply for this job, click here