The New York Times is looking for an editor to work on a variety of exciting Web and mobile projects. The ideal candidate will have a well-rounded mix of journalism experience, Web production know-how, creativity and a love of technology. We want to find people who have a lot of ideas, both big and small, about what The Times can be doing better, especially on phones and tablets.
The assistant editor’s primary mandate is to help ensure that our news report is vibrant and innovative across all digital platforms, with a specific focus on mobile. We're looking for someone who is familiar with the latest developments in the mobile space and who is excited to help build useful, innovative mobile products. The ideal candidate will be a journalist, a technophile, a creative thinker and an evangelist. Someone with a lot of ideas as well as an eye for detail and the ability to get things done in a big organization. The person in this role will be expected to oversee projects that shape the way our news report is published on all platforms. Doing so will involve working closely with developers, designers, product managers and colleagues across the newsroom, so collegiality and excellent communication skills are key, as is a nerdy appreciation for efficient production and smart workflow.
- 5+ years experience Web Production and/or editing experience
- A strong, demonstrable passion for journalism in all forms.
- Extensive knowledge of mobile trends, and a strong sense of The Times’s competitive landscape.
- Experience conceiving of and launching successful mobile products.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule in order to meet the demands of a 24-hour news cycle.
For more information on this position please click here.