The digital reporter is part of Bloomberg Television's international digital media desk, based in London. S/he will be responsible for spotting and suggesting story ideas as well as filming and editing digital video content for our ever growing roster of consumer-facing media platforms. The reporter will ensure accurate, newsworthy and timely content execution and delivery in a 24 hour, rolling news environment. The reporter will work closely with content creators, other newsroom operators and platform owners. The aim of the role is to provide VIDEO content that people want to click on to and watch.
* Select, edit, film, produce and write content for Bloomberg's digital video platforms
* Work with newsdesk and feature production teams to identify and realise digital content opportunities
* Socialize digital content effectively and drive viewership to Bloomberg's digital pages and platforms
* Ensure accuracy and editorial quality control
* Work with creative department to ensure fresh and consistent look of digital content
* College degree (broadcast / multimedia journalism ideal)or relevant experience
* Strong visual and editorial creativity, including ability to write succinct copy
* Strong sense of urgency, ability to work under pressure, to tight deadlines and handle breaking news assignments
* Broad range of subject interests (business, technology, design, sport and entertainment)
* Specific interest in business and financial markets, would be a plus
* Proactive and resourceful with sourcing content and overcoming challenges
* Solid understanding of journalistic ethics, compliance, copyright and U.K. broadcast regulation
* Ability to communicate effectively with senior news editors, producers and managers
Bloomberg, the global business and financial information and news leader, gives influential decision makers a critical edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas. The company's strength - delivering data, news and analytics through innovative technology, quickly and accurately - is at the core of the Bloomberg Professional service, which provides real time financial information to more than 300,000 subscribers globally. Bloomberg's enterprise solutions build on the company's core strength, leveraging technology to allow customers to access, integrate, distribute and manage data and information across organizations more efficiently and effectively.
Through Bloomberg Law, Bloomberg Government and Bloomberg New Energy Finance, the company provides data, news and analytics to decision makers in industries beyond finance. And Bloomberg News, delivered through television, radio, mobile, the Internet and two magazines, Bloomberg Businessweek and Bloomberg Markets, covers the world with more than 2,300 news and multimedia professionals at 146 bureaus in 72 countries. Headquartered in New York, Bloomberg employs more than 13,000 people in 185 locations around the world.
Type of contract: Fixed term (12 months)
Region: Europe Middle East and Africa
Job location: London - City Gate House/Fins
Job Requisition Number: 33522
For more information, click here