Are you ready to contribute to one of the most popular travel sites in the world with your striking copy, enticing millions of users to choose to click your Ad instead of someone else's? Are you a gifted story teller and influencer? Is your English flawless? Can you sell sand in the desert? Can you compete with the rhymes of Pooh and Dr. Seuss? Are you online savvy? If on top of that you love travel, then you are our woman/man!
Write copy for the website, emails, newsletters, banners ads, brand guidelines, and various marketing materials.
- Write clear, compelling copy that inspires consumers to click on promotional messages and move forward in the purchase process.
- Create effective, engaging copy that support business objectives, adhere to established brand voice and meet legal requirements; self-manage and multitask effectively and be able to work with tight deadlines.
- Collaborate with the marketing team on how to continually improve the effectiveness of promotions and other copy; continually develop and test new approaches.
- Establish and enforce consistency of content and tone across promotional vehicles and throughout the site, according to established guidelines
- Understands the SEO practices for copywriting and can perform keyword research.
- Lead copy projects and other creative initiatives proactively (e.g., redesign of templates, style guide, or process improvements), set deliverables and deadlines, and help to drive projects to completion.
- Review ongoing results of previous work, infusing iterative changes based on learning to drive improved results.
- Technically savvy; ability to learn and utilize web and publishing tools and applications.
- Significant formal education in English, Journalism, or related field, a plus.
- 3 years relevant experience.
Venere is one of the leading European players and pioneers in online Hotel reservations and has been growing internationally since 1995. To accelerate success, Venere is looking to hire a world class expert in driving sales growth through 3rd party distribution partners (B2C and B2B) across EMEA and selected International markets.
About Expedia, Inc.
Expedia, Inc. is the world’s leading online travel company, empowering business and leisure travelers with the tools and information they need to easily research, plan, book and experience travel. Expedia, Inc. also provides in-destination concierge service and activity desks for travelers. The Expedia, Inc. portfolio of brands includes: Expedia.com®, hotels.com®, Hotwire®, Egencia™, Expedia Local Expert™, Classic Vacations® and eLong™. Expedia, Inc.’s companies operate more than 50 global points of sale with sites in North America, South America, Latin America, Europe, Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Expedia, Inc. is a component of the S&P 500 index. For more information, visit http://www.expediainc.com/ (NASDAQ: EXPE).
Additional job details:
Job ID #: 19660
Functional Area: Technology
Employment Type: Full-Time Regular