Due to continued expansion, Bloomberg News is seeking both experienced editors and reporters to cover a range of beats from our Moscow bureau. The successful candidate must be able to perform under pressure to meet real-time deadlines, write market- moving headlines and breaking news stories on business and finance topics ranging from company earnings, market reports, news about mergers and acquisitions, covering the world of money in all of its forms.
You need to have the ability to identify stories worth expanding on, and work with the reporters on your beat to build on these stories.
Overall responsibilities include attending press briefings and evening events, monitoring other media and writing spot news as well as feature stories.
- Previous financial journalism experience is essential
- Experience of working in a real-time news environment is desirable
- A bachelors degree or equivalent work experience is desirable as is a specific journalism qualification
- You should speak fluent English and Russian
- Ability to generate your own ideas and work independently
Editor Requirements (You should meet the criteria above plus)
- Previous experience of editing and approving copy for the wire under real time deadline pressure
- The ability to identify stories worth expanding on, and support the reporters on your beat to build on these stories.
For more information on this position please click here.