The Writer/Producer for iReport and Audience Participation in London will be the chief ambassador for CNN’s award winning iReport social storytelling platform in international markets. The successful candidate will be a digital expert who is as at home on social networks as in the mainstream media.
- Lead iReport initiatives in the CNN Digital newsroom in London, collaborating with the news and features teams to ensure that internationally focussed iReport projects alight with iReports’s larger ethics and goals
- Vet and produce iReport driven coverage of key international news events and feature projects.
- Lead the CNN Digital newsroom in London in inventing new ways to tell and share the publication's best work on other social platforms, and work with journalists in the CNN Digital Newsroom to make the most of social media as a tool for newsgathering, community and audience building.
- Collaborate with colleagues on Marketing, PR, Product and TV teams to help shape CNN’s overall approach to social media.
- Extraordinary communication skills, creativity, strong writing and editing, strong news judgement, electric enthusiasm for news and on-line community, excellent multimedia storytelling skills.
- Thorough knowledge of and experience in on-line communities.
- Three to five year’s experience of writing and producing in a digital news environment, with experience in participatory storytelling.
-Relevant university degree or equivalent experience in web design, journalism or business.
- Desirable requirements: Project management, organisational skills and strong technical background.
To apply please visit the website.