Full time position in the Secretariat of the Architects’ Council of Europe (ACE)
(S)He will report directly to the Secretary General of the ACE and will principally undertake work on the following tasks and topics:
• Keep under review and conduct background research on EU policy proposals affecting the architectural profession and construction industry, to help inform ACE policy positions
• analyse and prepare reports on EU policy developments of relevance to the activities of ACE’s specialist work groups
• Draft principal ACE communications including Press releases, Alerts, Newsletters and occasional publications
• Keep under review ACE Communications policy, implementation of ACE Communications Review and branding issues
• Manage new media communications including ACE Facebook page
• Assist in managing the content of the ACE Website
• Maintain contacts Lists up to date
• Attendance at certain meetings as decided by the Secretary General
Applications should be submitted in English with a contact details, CV and covering letter saying why the candidate would be suitable for the job and contact details.
Qualifications and desirable Attributes
The Policy & Communications and Policy Officer must have the following qualifications/attributes:
• Masters degree in an appropriate subject area (European Affairs, Policy/Political Science, Communications, European Law) and two years’ experience (or Bachelors’ degree and five years’ experience)
• Ideally, experience of working (e.g. as a researcher) for a MEP or MP, or experience of working in a European Association;
• Good working knowledge of English and French (other languages an advantage)
• Ability to work effectively in a small team
• Flexibility and willingness to assist as the need arises
• Familiarity with all Office computer programmes and new media tools.
Applications close: 19 October 2012.
For more information on this position please click here.