The Marketplace Host/Correspondent is a new position, created to primarily be the consistent fill-in Host across the portfolio, hosting Marketplace, Marketplace Morning Report, Marketplace Money, and Marketplace Tech Report during reporting, vacation, illness and other absences by the primary hosts. The Host will be a signature Marketplace voice. He/she will host at least half to two thirds of the time; the rest of the time he/she will be a Correspondent for all the programs. (S)he initiates ideas, writes and produces stories for the program.
This position is responsible for conveying the Marketplace sound and approach in writing and editing of program copy, breaking-news and feature interviews. The Host also may have other responsibilities associated with hosting a suite of national programs reaching millions of weekly listeners, including serving as a public representative of Marketplace and American Public Media.
• Serve as a key on-air voice of Marketplace
• In coordination with program staff, helps lead decision making on use of editorial material, including interviews, actualities, and reporter pieces.
• Keeps producers informed of changing and breaking stories.
• Maintains up-to-the-minute currency with local, national and international news, especially as it relates to money, business, finance and the economy.
• Maintains an on-line presence through facebook, twitter and other digital strategies.
• Suggests programming ideas and prepares for interviews. Proposes and conducts interviews.
• Participates in any other production necessary for the programs.
• Serves as a public representative of the programs regionally and nationally.
• Makes personal appearances for Marketplace-APM stations as assigned.
• Initiate, research, report, write, and produce news coverage on economic/social issues for Marketplace programs, including remote field recording on breaking news
• Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
Employment Type:Full Time
For more information on this position please click here.