Pacific Epoch is seeking a self-motivated, native English speaker with first-rate critical thinking skills to work closely with our team of research analysts in Shanghai to produce high-impact written reports about China’s leading technology companies and macroeconomy.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to build on their research capability around China’s economy and industry sectors including e-commerce, digital media, online gaming and solar energy.
Key responsibilities include:
• Collaborating with English-speaking Chinese analysts to refine their research theses, articulate their message, and communicate key conclusions in both written and graphical form
• Managing report production from first draft to publication, often under tight time constraints
• Ensuring quality of final products, which involves substantial editing of draft research, writing copy and checking sources
Applicants should be educated to degree level, have two or more years of work experience in a related field – e.g. journalism, market research or academia – and possess a keen eye for detail and proper grammar. An interest in technology and digital media would be an advantage. The chosen applicant will also be able to demonstrate the following:
• Strong team-working and interpersonal skills
• Proficiency in Mandarin
• An analytical mind, with the ability to evaluate and interpret data
• Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
Please send your resume, cover letter and 1-2 writing samples via email.