For its international team, the UN Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees in the Near East is seeking to employ a qualified Senior Communications Officer
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Lead, manage, supervise and monitor the work of Field staff deployed to Public Information, Internal Communication and Outreach, Satellite TV, multi-media, Staff Portal, Information and Reporting and other communication activities;
• Review and/or develop, gain approval for and ensure effective implementation of information, communication and advocacy strategies and work plans which support Field requirements, including through the internet, intranet, staff portal and satellite television channel, reporting, advocacy efforts, and public information;
• Engage with departments and units within the Field Office to ensure effective and pro-active information and outreach campaigns to refugees and other stakeholders on issues arising within the mandate of the Office;
• Monitor and analyse current events, public opinion and press, identify issues and trends, and advise management on opportunities to provide coverage and to promote advocacy in accordance with the Field strategies;
• Ensure implementation of a range of information programmes to publicize priority refugee issues and/or major events, to include the use of film and other visual media, coordinate reporting efforts, monitor and report on feedback, take appropriate follow-up actions, and analyse the impact of materials published;
• Ensure support for the GFO Programmes and Departments through the production, collection, processing, storage and/or retrieval of documents, images and film and provide effective coverage of events, service delivery and relief operations;
• Initiate pro-active outreach efforts, presents, facilitates, proposes, conceptualizes and arrange coverage, and analyze the impact of events and materials published; conceptualize, produces and/or oversee production of film, photographic, graphical, written and other media materials for public dissemination through the web, email and other broadcast channels.
Deadline for Applications 23 August 2012
For more information on this position please click here.