The American Lawyer is a prize-winning monthly magazine that reports on the business of the major law firms in the United States and, increasingly, around the world.
The American Lawyer’s daily legal blog, The Am Law Daily, is looking for a Deputy Web Editor. The Daily reports several original stories a day on the world's biggest law firms. The publication covers the lawyers, their firms and their work from deals to bankruptcy, to partner compensation and lateral moves.
This editor will help provide strategic direction for the site. He/she will work very closely with the executive editor of the site, its two dedicated reporters and The American’s Lawyer’s print team. The editor will also help conceive and line edit blog posts, which vary from breaking news to commentary to analysis.
This editor should be a seasoned business editor with daily online experience. A familiarity with law firms or legal issues is a plus, but not required.
• Bachelors Degree or equivalent work experience.
• Must have demonstrated multi-media/platform experience.
• Five years of experience as a business journalist; experience with legal affairs desirable.
• Excellent writing and editing skills, as well as familiarity and high comfort level with technology.
• Must be highly detail oriented & organized.
• Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment.
• Must have high energy, sharp editorial judgment, and a good eye for design.
• Ability to work well with a variety of personalities and contribute to an overall collaborative environment.
• Familiarity with content management systems and blogging platforms is desirable.
To apply please email your resume and covering letter.