Reporting climate change

Information

Reporting climate change

What are climate correspondents for? asks Alex Kirby, former BBC environmental reporter. "I will try to go on being what anyone who reports on climate has to be, that contradictory figure, a serious reporter – a doubtful optimist, a hopeful sceptic

Members: 84
Latest Activity: Nov 19, 2013

Discussion Forum

Apply to attend "Moving Europe forward" seminar

Started by Diana Lungu Oct 3, 2013. 0 Replies

30 journalists from the EU-28 are invited to join on 21-22 October 2013 a two-day event in Brussels on the situation of alternative transport fuels, urban mobility and road safety in Europe. On the…Continue

Tags: mobility, road, safety, energy, power

"Flag it! - Using digital tools to map environmental issues"

Started by Diana Lungu Feb 27, 2013. 0 Replies

The European Youth Press is currently looking for 24 young environmental journalists to take part in the following Training sessions of the project:Sao Paulo (Brazil): from the 20th to the 26th of…Continue

Tags: map, challenges, training, project, EYP

The Climate News Network

Started by Diana Lungu Jan 10, 2013. 0 Replies

Dear colleagues,You might want to check out the recently launched Climate News Network, a free news service for climate scientists, other experts and for journalists writing about climate…Continue

Tags: news, journalists, change, climate, network

Eco-innovation seminar: applications open for EU journos!

Started by Diana Lungu Nov 22, 2011. 0 Replies

On behalf of the European Commission, the European Journalism Centre will organise a seminar on "Eco-Innovation" on 15 December, 2011. Held in Brussels for 15 EU journalists, the event will provide…Continue

Tags: environment, EU, potocnik, seminars, ejc

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of Reporting climate change to add comments!

Comment by Benno Hansen on August 14, 2011 at 11:26

If you haven't seen it already... my latest article at the climate blog - Climate change still naturally occurring, based on flawed science a... - touches the subject of communicating climate change. Some people seem to be impervious to rational arguments and factual information. FOX NEWS is leading the way by denying scientific fact with distortions, logical fallacies, lies and stupidity by reporting even more of the same. Only stupider. And if anyone is planning to win over some of those unfortunate to believe in their ridiculous misinformation there is one important lesson to learn: stupidity is immune to rationality. Other tools are needed.

OK, that was pretty much it, what I had to say this time. The rest of the actual article is just a mention of five recent "skeptic" news reports.

Comment by M. Omar Farook on July 25, 2011 at 6:41
i think this is a nice group. congrates everybody
Comment by Benno Hansen on April 6, 2011 at 17:11
You might be interested in voting for the Climate Change Communicator of the Year? Possibly sign up for the newsletter? I did.
Comment by Irene Quaile on December 28, 2010 at 17:18

Hi, climate colleagues,

I've just posted a blog entry about weather and climate. Anybody else getting tired (or just feeling amused) by people always telling you global warming can't be happening because we're having so much snow in Europe? It's on the Ice Blog and the EJC blog.

Comment by Meer Moniruzzaman on December 28, 2010 at 15:51

Hello Dear!

I am Meer Moniruzzaman. I am from Bangladesh.  I have presented a research on Climate Change in this month. It is about Use Sea Water: Bangladesh & Maldives will not go under the Sea. I tried to focus in my research
that sea water could be the best alternative to reduce Carbon emission and
protect Sea Level rise.

Thanks,

Meer Moniruzzaman

Comment by Cristina Cileacu on December 23, 2010 at 22:38
Comment by Irene Quaile on December 16, 2010 at 13:25

Hi everybody, I just added another blog post relating to climate. It would be great if anybody wanted to join the discussion. This is a great site, but there are so many things going on in different places sometimes I find it hard to keep track. I wonder if other people find it easier to follow e.g. climate related comments on the general blog page or on this special group page, but where as I see it, you can either start a discussion or post a comment. Any thoughts on this?

Comment by Emma Brewin on December 16, 2010 at 11:16

Hi Npong,

The Th!nk 4: Climate Change blogging competition closed yesterday for the second stage prize... if you had entered already you are in with a chance to win though. Did you?

Thanks for your thoughts on climate change. Don't forget to post as a discussion, because then we can comment back directly :-)

Emma

Community Manager

Comment by Npong Balikawu Francis on December 15, 2010 at 18:37

is the blogging competition still on? just love stiring controversies not conflict please! when the competition was announced there were lots of people who entered into the community to win the ticket to Cancun. hey! lots of them were disappointed after their names were dropped. guest what? the jury were not spared at all, all sort of unkind words and dseciptions were given to them "na wahala" to be tasked such huge responsibility. i am sure tempers have cold down. Cancun is almost over would these group of people continue to be members of the community after all sort derogative words used on the leadership of the community? well! am just a type who never become annoy with colleagues for three hours and hope these people are like me too, these characters are good in society so love them; those who say things they way the see it. that's democracy oh no democrazy. now there is one thing i just want to remind friends here; a purpose of the community and bravo to the creator (not God who created heavens and earth) but the creator of the community i love it. i spent much of my time reading peices of colleagues and its interesting learning from people of all class.

Climate change  continue to make headlines across the globe because of the devastated effects it has on livelihoods particularly those of us who never minded to use our heads to create things for good.

stay tune.

Comment by Npong Balikawu Francis on November 24, 2010 at 21:09
Climate Change is now getting interesting? well! it is either now or never. Water bodies are drying up, lands becoming bear (desert), animals dying, forestry vanishing, wild birds and animals can not be found anymore, migration in search for greener pastures now alarming, flooding continue unabated, temperature skying, droughts in some parts of mother earth pesisted. Oh no it time for action or never, for climate change any litte delay will win and that will mean it wipes out human race....well few lucky ones will found themselves in heaven others will be in hell'

Members (84)

Latest Activity

Eliana van de Craats Lima shared their page on Twitter
12 hours ago
Eliana van de Craats Lima added a page to the group Human Rights and the Media
Thumbnail

A Poem about Religion, Michelangelo and Human Rights

Title: Religion: Human Rights. Bible: Regular Education. Author: Eliana van de Craats Today I want to remind ourselves of alll civilizations that succumbed to their own abuse of power   entire folks that died because of genocide   languages…
12 hours ago
Nora Benaceur updated their profile
yesterday
Sándor Zsíros is now friends with INMA ESCRIBANO and farrukhnawazbhatti
yesterday
Alexander Mclean updated their profile
Monday
Alexander Mclean and islam rekhila are now friends
Monday
islam rekhila posted a status
"السلام عليكم"
Monday
Andrej Matisak posted a status
"Matisak's blog - It is grilling time for Juncker's Commission http://wp.me/pL6gx-1Az"
Monday

© 2014   Created by Arne Grauls.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service