The Linguistics of Journalism

Information

The Linguistics of Journalism

In the framework of discussions on the quality of journalism, one of the main issues that has been frequently ignored, is the intertextual importance of linguistics, and the responsibility of journalists in preserving the structure of language, while communicating facts in an accurate manner. In practice, the Media, sometimes can be a threat to linguistics but at the same time be an excellent tool in the creation of new expressions or even a brand new language or a new grammar. For those interested in analysing these issues and interacting with other members here at EJC, come join the discussion.

Members: 29
Latest Activity: Apr 30

Discussion Forum

Do we need critical linguistics and critical discourse analysis?

Started by Leon Craats. Last reply by Npong Balikawu Francis Mar 10, 2012. 1 Reply

What do we need to learn in order to effective move between analysis of texts, interactions, and also the social analyses of different types? Can you tell us something about the difficulties met…Continue

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of The Linguistics of Journalism to add comments!

Comment by Cerasela Radulescu on May 15, 2012 at 0:58

Hi, Leon! Count on me on this very interresting ideea about linguistics in journalism. Very useful, indeed! Thanks a lot.

Comment by Eliana van de Craats Lima on March 7, 2012 at 12:04

Hi Leon,

Great discussion!

Eliana

Comment by Hanna McLean on March 5, 2012 at 12:36

Hey Leon,

You are officially the administrator now. Have fun!

- Hanna

Comment by Leon Craats on March 5, 2012 at 12:32

Hi Hanna, thanks for approving The Linguistics of Journalism. I will be looking forward to welcome new members and to help answering your linguistic questions, as well, adding new posts related to the issues of journalism, grammar, new expressions, new languages, etc. Leon

Latest Activity

Alexander Mclean updated their profile
19 hours ago
Andrej Matisak posted a status
"Matisak's blog - Do new member states "deserve" EU top job? http://wp.me/pL6gx-1zV"
yesterday
Laura Morris joined Emma Brewin's group
Thumbnail

European Journalism Centre

News, resources and other updates from independent non-profit media organisation the European Journalism Centre.See More
yesterday
Laura Morris joined Arne Grauls's group
Thumbnail

Media Jobs

Know of a top media job that you want to share? Post it here to reach all Community members interested in employment opportunities in the media industry.If you are looking for journalism jobs in particular, be sure to check out JournaJobs.eu. Please note that this website is still in beta version and is subject to change at any time. See More
yesterday
Dr Richard Rooke posted a blog post

Journalism – not just who but where?

Journalism – not just who but where?Although many in the business of journalism tend to see their problems collectively, in the same light – a band of brothers and sisters stretching across the globe, this is not always the case. It is a question not only of who but where. Does this mean that freedom of speech should be forgotten or downgraded, of course not,  but we may have to…See More
Thursday
Katrina Wood posted a blog post

What is a 'foreign philosophy?'

In considering the question of the ability for integration into culture, which is necessary to get residence in some European countries, I ask this question:  What is the effect of a person living in a foreign boarding school, or a school run along the lines of a foreign philosophy?  For example: If a person who does not live in…See More
Thursday
noman ali shinwari joined Hanna McLean's group
Thumbnail

Journalist Forum of Pakistan and CIS Countries

Dear Colleagues, It is my pleasure to introduce you to the JFPCISC - Journalist Forum of Pakistan & CIS Countries.I'd like to share with you some of the things that this Forum has to do. We have plan to select One Vice President of  each & every country ( he      she will be a General Secretary of His/ Her Country's  Governing body of this forum.  Exchange of experience, views, culture & even business opportunities through Tourism could be done. we can discuss each & every point…See More
Wednesday
Katrina Wood liked Kyle H. Albert's blog post Smartphone Journalism: The Changing Face of News Gathering And Delivery
Wednesday

EJC Journalism Seminars

© 2014   Created by Arne Grauls.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service