Peshawar, Employees of the public sector universities class 3 or 4 are going on a complete strike to suspend all academic activities from Tuesday 02 Octobar, as they had given deadline to the government and universities VCs for 20% increase in salary. On Monday 08 Octobar 2012, there was a hug strike and Gathering held here in Aguriculture University in which Universities Employees Class 3 and 4 staff attended. They decided that if VCs of the three Universities not…Continue
Added by Muhammad Sarmad on October 8, 2012 at 18:55 — No Comments
“I really trusted my mother,” says Gertrude Fosuaa, a 38-year-old successful business woman living with the human immune deficiency virus (HIV), elsewhere in Ghana.
She thought her mother’s unconditional love for her was eternal, and thus agreed that her mother must be informed if she tested HIV-positive, before going in for Voluntary Counseling and Testing (VCT).
“So, when my mother abandoned me in the hospital because I tested positive, I felt completely shattered,” Fosuaa…Continue
Added by Clement Boateng on May 28, 2012 at 3:04 — No Comments
Another 8 days old year is here. The one we adored recently with funfair, while we were soaked with whiskys, beer, chicken and sea foods we also went on shopping spree buying from toys to gift cards and chocolates.
Well i dont know how you welcomed 2012 and good bye 2011, some did this by spending at least half of their total savings on food and drinks, toys and gift cards but i did it with care, reflecting on how i will hope not to carry over old characters to the new…Continue
Added by Npong Balikawu Francis on January 8, 2012 at 9:30 — No Comments
Albert Oppong -Ansah
Less than 40 per cent of the residents of Central Gonja District, in the Northern Region, have access to potable water whiles the remaining 60 per cent compete with cattle for dammed rain water.
Many of the residents Central Gonja also rely on unhygienic, discoloured and muddy water. The district has a history of being a guinea worm infested area in the Country.
Mr Issifu Salisu Be-Awuriba, Central Gonja District Chief Executive (DC E) made this…Continue
Added by Albert Oppong Ansah on August 22, 2011 at 6:02 — No Comments
By Iqbal Tamimi
Since the People's Revolution broke out in Libya on February 17th, at least 15 cases of journalists’ arrests and four attacks on journalists were reported, besides two attacks against media outlets and the brutal assassination of two journalists.
One of the Egyptian reporters working in Libya, advised other journalists during a television interview not to reveal their identities, and not to mention that…Continue
Added by Iqbal Tamimi on April 8, 2011 at 12:30 — No Comments
Kenya has officially launched its move to low-sulphur diesel to stop increasing cases of cancer and asthma.
Energy assistant minister Magerer Lang’at said fuel stations in major urban centres will be required to sell the new fuel.
“The government will come up with a window period for fuel suppliers to completely migrate to low sulphur fuel,” he said yesterday.
The launch at the UN offices in Nairobi was witnessed by United Nations Environmental…Continue
Added by John Muchangi on March 9, 2011 at 21:12 — No Comments
The Kenyan Government has announced spine chilling images of throat cancer tumors and rotten teeth will appear on cigarette packets by next year 2012 to shock smokers out of the habit.
Figures show the enlarged health warnings that manufacturers have put on cigarette packets for two years now have had little effect. Only two per cent of middle-aged Kenyans kick away the habit every year, according to government research.
The Kenya National Tobacco Control Action Plan…Continue
Added by John Muchangi on March 9, 2011 at 21:09 — No Comments
BCfm Radio in UK Discusses Citizen Media’s Role in the Middle East Uprisings
By Iqbal Tamimi
Clearly the latest events of the uprisings in the Middle East and…Continue
Added by Iqbal Tamimi on February 26, 2011 at 21:00 — No Comments
Added by Iqbal Tamimi on December 23, 2010 at 19:30 — No Comments
First Published: 2010-12-19
The encounter between Dr Halla Diyab and Alhiwar TV presenter Saleh Al Azraq tells a lot about the male dominated, self-righteous…
Over the past 3 years, Raw Business has had the pleasure to meet and speak to business owners and entrepreneurs from all walks of life, backgrounds and each of them with their own dreams and aspirations. All of them are passionate about their business and strive for success; however, we are all too aware that some of these people are no longer in business for a whole multitude of reasons.
Indeed, 1 in 3 start-up businesses do not see their third birthday.
A number of the…
Added by Tom Mapes on December 16, 2010 at 16:30 — No Comments