DHAKA, June 7: Finance Minister Abul Maal Abdul Muhith today rolled out in the Jatiya Sangsad a Taka 191,738 crore national budget for fiscal (FY) 2012-13 to spur growth attaching more concentration on maintaining macroeconomic stability, mobilization of internal resources and poverty alleviation.
The new budget eyes 7.2 percent GDP growth while it targets to bring down the inflation rate to 7.5 percent for the fiscal 2012- 13. The size of the budget for the fiscal 2012-13 is Tk 30,525 crore, or 18.93 percent higher than the current fiscal's revised budget of Tk 161,213 crore.
The finance minister has proposed an allocation of Tk 1,36,738 crore for non- development and other expenditure.
The national budget for the FY 2012-13 has set an Annual Development Programme (ADP) of Taka 55,000 crore with 61 percent or Taka 33,500 crore coming from domestic resources and the remaining 39 percent or Taka 21,500 crore from the external resources.
This is 34.15 percent or Tk 14,000 crore higher than the current year's revised ADP of Taka 41,000 crore.
Earlier in the day, the cabinet in a meeting at Sangsad Bhavan with Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina in the chair approved the budget for the fiscal 2012-13 and the revised budget for the FY 2011-12 which were authenticated by President Zillur Rahman prior to placing them before the Jatiya Sangsad by Finance Minister Abul Maal Abdul Muhith.
The full text of the budget is available on www.mof.gov.bd
Add a Comment